Vermont Maple Pecan Pie
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Family Farm pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. dark rum
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup shelled, raw pecan halves
- 1 – 9” partially pre-baked pie crust
Preheat oven to 425°F. Beat one egg with 1 tablespoon water in small bowl; set aside. Combine brown sugar and 3 eggs in mixing bowl and mix well. Add syrup, rum, vanilla, lemon juice, salt and butter. Pour filling in crust and arrange pecans on top. Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash on crust. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Let stand for five minutes before serving.