Cindy’s Maple Walnut Granola
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. Brown Family Farms Organic Maple Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Family Farm Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 large egg whites)
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground all spice
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup walnut halves, broken in half
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisin, or blueberries)
Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 325°F. Generously coat heavy large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Stir ¼ cup maple sugar and maple syrup in heavy small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Pour into bowl; cool to lukewarm. Whisk in egg whites, vanilla, and spices. Add oats, nuts and remaining 2 tablespoons of maple sugar. Toss well.
Spread mixture in even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes. Using metal spatula, turn granola over (bottom will be brown). Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle dried fruit over; bake until dry. About 10 minutes longer. Cool granola completely in pan and enjoy. Makes about 8 cups.