- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp. real orange extract
- 1 tbsp. real vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Brown Family Farm pure maple syrup
- 1 quart Seagram’s VO or Imperial Whiskey
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 6 quarts milk (eight quarts if you omit the VO or Whiskey)
- Freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
In a very large bowl beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Add extracts and maple syrup and combine well. Add 3 quarts milk to the egg yolk mixture and combine. Continue beating while pouring the VO or whiskey into the mixture in a steady stream. In another clean bowl of an electric mixer beat egg whites until stiff. Add egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and combine well. In the same bowl used for the egg whites whip the whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks. Add whipped cream to the egg yolk mixture and combine well. Add remaining 3 quarts milk to the egg yolk mixture and once again combine well. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
To serve: beat the eggnog well before pouring into a chilled punch bowl. Ladle into serving cups/mugs, sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg and enjoy.